
Jake and Noah, it is our first day in Japan together. We found a little "garden" on top of the roof of a mall and sat down and thought of you guys. How has Aunt Lisa been doing? I am glad to hear that you are doing a good job of helping her around the house while mom is gone.

We rode the "Shin" train today. I think you boy's would like to ride it as it goes really fast through tunnels and cities. Check out the video at the bottom of the post.

When we got to Kyoto, we met crane. He didn't know where Po or Monkey were...he said we might find them later on if we look hard enough.
We also went and saw a Japanese castle in Kyoto. It was really big and was made entirely of wood. They don't let you take pictures of the inside or wear shoes while you go in there, but it is a nice building.
I took your mother to "sushi-go-round" for the first time. Above is a picture of raw squid that I ate and below is your mom trying the feast. The little conveyor belt brings the sushi around to all the tables and lets you pick which one you want to eat...a rather unique way of serving the food. I was glad that mom was willing to try it; the squid is extra squishy/gooey, but it was some of the better squid that I have had.


And finally, here is your mom being crazy again. Monkey would be proud! Love you boy's and thanks for the monk e-mails. Hopefully we can call you sometime soon! Love, Mom and Dad.
6 comments:
98iyytuu5uyyiy6uio6touyrnyhkyhuxtfttdrytrhxgxyrghjdbnjkrhklrxjhjdghrhnt4est4r7rtj5krj5y4mjl6j5y54557grtpkljlhkvghjfugtyvghftvcfgxdrtxctrrv45evd45dcf4tgrrhthjtt6j65jkjtjfjfjik7yky (this was the boys being silly)
Jacob says, "I hope you go to the zoo and see a lot of animals and see what they look like, that we don't have here at South Carolina. The squid looks really gooey and yucky. I never want to try that!"
Noah says, "I balance and hop on one leg. And I have a Diego watch."
They both want to ride on those trains!!
They are taking excellent care of Hansel and Auntie Lisa! (I'm having too much fun with these cuties)
Stac, you look concerned about the food. What an experience though. Soak up time loving on your man. Can't wait to see you at Christmas. Luv, Jess
You guys rock. Nuff said. Such a good post, and so happy that you two are together, and especially that instead of being all googely-eyed and schmoopy, you are referencing Kung-Fu Panda, making each other try squid, and striking goofy, yet somehow amazing, one-legged poses for the camera. I know you're going to have a great time! Thanks for sharing some of it with us, or at least letting us eaves-blog on what you're posting for Jay- and NoBobs.
looks like so much fun! I am so glad you were able to go see him Stace!
what a great opportunity! and sooooo glad you can spend time together. thanks for letting us see the sights with you.
ditto to what Sarah said! ;) so how was the squid?? what was your favorite?
Post a Comment