Well, we have had alot going on here lately. There are many posts I could put up. Some I'll get around too, others I wont. But I didnt want to skip this one. Last friday was Jake's birthday - our big 7 year old! He has grown up so much and we are so proud of him - this was made so clear to me on his birthday. See, his big day got overshadowed a bit due to the arrival of his new lil sister the day before (post to come later). We were still in the hospital and couldnt celebrate with him like we wanted to, no favorite dinner, no cake, and a rushed trip to wal mart to get a present. Our good friend, Sarah, worked hard to make the most of it for him and she did a great job, but I still felt bad. But Jake never once complained - he was content with the way it went and it made me see a little side of maturity to him. His one request was that the baby not come on his day - so I guess he got what he wanted! Happy Birthday Jake - next year we will let your day be yours!

4 comments:
I teared up a little reading this. ;) So sweet!
That's so sweet. I cannot beleieve he is 7 years old. Stace - are we getting old?????
wow - you blomquists and your october birthdays!! you could just have one big party for all of them! happy birthday, Jake, Noah, and Emma!!!
what a guy! That's great they all have their own special days! but 3 in Oct?! something's kinda fishy here! January a good month for you guys?! :P j/k you're so cute!
Post a Comment