Friday, January 28, 2011

A whole heart

 I'm thankful to the Lord today for my sweet Emma. Not many of you know, but when she was born the doctors detected a heart murmur. After a trip to the cardiologist and an echocardiogram they told us that she had a small hole in her heart. It was too small for surgery and would most likely close up on it's own, but she would live a healthy, normal life even if it never closed. I was, of course, troubled by this news. Even if a person can live with a hole in their heart, I didn't want my baby girl to have one! However, I kept reminding myself of the words in Psalms "you knit me together in my mothers womb" and I was comforted knowing that God made her heart that way and that He is in control of her life. So, we trust in Him. Yesterday Emma had her follow-up appointed. I wasn't too concerned about things, but the doctor listened and listened and listened to her heart and from every single angle. I started to worry and thought "uh-oh, this is bad ". He finally sat up, looked at me and said "well this is good. The murmur is gone, the hole has closed up and her heart is completely normal."! I almost hugged him! And today I am reflecting on how thankful I am to the Lord for knitting her heart together - even outside the womb. She is a precious bundle of joy, and I can't imagine our lives without her.


10 comments:

Katie said...

Praise the Lord! Love the pics of your sweet whole-hearted baby girl!

Rachel said...

So glad to hear it! Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

My lil' cupcake!

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Thanks for sharing this with us. What a doll is she. Love the pic of her sucking her thumb so contently. None of mine were finger suckers.
(She looks alot like Brian in the middle pic)

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

Great post! Adorable pictures, wonderful news, praising the Lord! Thanks for sharing all the goodness. what an emotional Dr.'s visit, I'm sure! Smooch Ducky for me, and she totally has Brian's smirk in that middle picture. I LOVE the big grin in the last one!

christa said...

YAY!!!!!! Oh, Stacy, that's SUCH great news! Halleulujah!! I love her cheeks!!

ilona said...

I'm so glad to hear your good news.

Jennifer said...

Stace - I love this post and am so glad to hear this news.

Kave Fam said...

THis is the best news~ Just getting back to reality and saw this post! MIss you all tons!

Jenn said...

What a smile!!! Guess she has a reason to! So good to hear things that God has done, what a blessing! Enjoy your precious baby moments! :)