Saturday, August 21, 2010

1st day of school

Thursday was the first day of school for the boys. Jacob started 1st grade and Noah started preschool - his first day of school EVER.  I didn't realize how much we had been "building up" school for Noah until I got him there and settled at his desk. We were a little early and he looked around and said "when are we going to DO something?". Ha! That boy does not like to be idle! They both did so well - I only cried a little when I got to the car. :) When I told them that I had missed them at the end of the day Noah said "well, at least you still have Hansel (the dog)"! Yes, I still have the dog, but I missed my little boys that are growing up way to fast....

9 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Jacob looks totally like Brian and Noah looks alot like your side of the family...that bottom pic of him, I really see Austin in him!

We have started the count down, less than 2 wks before the girls start.

Carly asks everyday how many more days till kindergarten...difiantly 'building it up' for her too..hope she likes her teacher. ;)

So excited you will soon have your arms FULL with a girl!! How much longer to go?!?

Kari said...

How sweet! The boys are such handsome little men. Hard to believe they are both old enough for school already.
Can't wait to hear news on the arrival of your little girl. Girls are spool much fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - those pics are flippin' adorable!! What little men!! See you guys soon!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Those are my Handsome boys. I am very proud of you for being so grown-up and responsible. Continue to obey your teacher and take good care of Mom until I get home. Love you both!
Dad

Anonymous said...

the LordisgoodIt's funny what everyone sees in the kids huh? I guess eveyone can see something different. Noah looks so adorable in his man shorts. Love his little tan legs. :) Happy adjusting to all that alone time for the next 2 months. Enjoy it while you can!

christa said...

cuuuuute pics - i love their little uniforms. are they uniforms? can't believe they're both in school now.

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

I love Noah's little shorts and Jacobs big, long pants! Don't know how those teachers are going to resist those little blondy, bluezy-doozey-eyed studs!

Stacy said...

Just an update - Noah has been wearing longer shorts since I posted those pictures. :) Somebody gave us the short ones and I felt like I should use them since they were free, but after day #2 I just couldn't do it anymore. Maybe I'll post a pic of the longer ones so that someday he won't be mad at me for those short ones!

Jenn said...

Dom won't even wear shorts unless they're well below his knees! but they do look cute with his tan little legs...what adorable boys you have!! can't wait to see little miss! :)