Fast forward to Thursday. I drove Jake to school sporting our new plates (by the way, these pictures aren't our plates. I just pulled them off the internet!). He is doing his standardized testing this week so his teacher keeps telling them to eat healthy breakfasts full of brain food. She was teasing him and asked him if he had his grits that day. He smiled and said "what are grits?". I was sort of proud that he doesn't know what they are, but she looked at me like we were crazy. "We aren't from the south" I said. Jacob laughed and said "no, I'm from San Diego!".
Yes Jake, yes you are! I walked happily back to the parking lot. Who cares that my car makes me look like a local. I have something even better from California - one the dmv can't tell me to change! My two little California boys!

3 comments:
What a couple of cuties!! Up north here in Minniesota our plates say... We support our troops! With a big flag in the background..suppose you've seen them?!
California cuties! All you beautiful blondies fit in so well out there. Stace, this too shall pass:)
adorable! and funny too! we felt that way about Tx....so we moved back to Colo before we had to change our driver's licenses & plates!!!! LOL or maybe past when we should've but we could never make ourselves bite the bullet and fully embrace becoming "texans". Not when you're from Co and love it more than anywhere else in the world! We feel ya, girl! ;)
Post a Comment