Have you ever heard of Lowes "build N grow" workshops? We recently discovered these on a random trip to Lowes on a saturday morning. Every other saturday they host these workshops for kids. It is completely free. They give the kids kits to build something new each time. They also give them aprons, badges, and certificates of completion. They provide tables and hammers, or you can take the kit home and do it there yourself. They are super easy for adults to figure out, so anyone can help a child do this. Our boys LOVE it. The first thing they built was a bird feeder (which they then colored) and last saturday they built these schoolhouses. The lids on the schoolhouse open to store school supplies or whatever. I am sure someday down the road I will be getting rid of these - since all projects eventually recycle themselves! :) But the boys are so proud of their work and they loved hammering the nails in and knowing that they made it themselves. Did I mention that it is free?! Go do this! (no, I am not getting paid by Lowes for this free advertisement....)
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Such a good deal! And the boys did a great job on their projects...makes a Babi proud! : ) And do I spy a new table? I like it. Babi
James and Aidan have gone several times for the projects day. Aidan is quite the little man in his work apron. It's a great way to acquaint boys and hammers and that, oh so necessary, sense of "I did this!" that carries them through so many adventures as they grow. PS- love the toothless wonder, too!
2 comments:
Such a good deal! And the boys did a great job on their projects...makes a Babi proud! : ) And do I spy a new table? I like it. Babi
James and Aidan have gone several times for the projects day. Aidan is quite the little man in his work apron. It's a great way to acquaint boys and hammers and that, oh so necessary, sense of "I did this!" that carries them through so many adventures as they grow.
PS- love the toothless wonder, too!
Post a Comment