Monday, April 18, 2011

Yep, they're always listening...

I'm not trying to be political with this post, nor am I looking for a political debate. I just found this conversation to be very funny and it reminded me how much my children pay attention to what's being said around them. Yikes!
So, we were driving in the car on the way to school today and this is how the conversation went:
Jacob: "Mom, George Washington is my favorite president"
Noah: "But Jacob, I thought Barack Obama was your favorite president?"
Jacob: "No. Barack Obama is NOT my favorite president. Daddy said that Barack Obama does not know his right from his left or his up from his down!".
Noah: "Really?!"
Hahahahaha! Daddy got a good laugh out of that one when I told him the influence he has had! Now what else have they overheard?! :)






5 comments:

Sarah G. said...

Glad we're taking THAT one to DC. This trip might get more interesting... Does he know what "picket sign" and "rally" mean?

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

LOL! That's great! Especially because he must have been storing that info from Daddy and mulling it over in his head for quite some time now...so funny! And alarming. I can tell Joshua is getting to be the age where he is listening into phone and other conversations while he plays. Those little minds are so curious!

LOVE that photo of those big handsome boys! and I love the new blog look!

christa said...

that is HILARIOUS!! i love your kids! so did you finally figure out the blog layout or is this what you had before?

Stacy said...

Great photo of my two young men! Can't believe that you got them to stay together long enough to take the picture. Keep up the good work of raising them! What else is latent in those minds?

On Second Street said...

one time we were in a store and A saw a pic of obama and aidan said quite loudly. "look mom - that Barak Obama! My dad says he is trying to steal all our money." Aidan spends alot of time in the car with James listening to conservative talk radio so I have no idea what he is spouting off at his liberal school.