Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Neighbors"

We had some visitors at our house a few weeks ago when Lisa got home from her run. We have wild Peacocks that live in the neighborhood. Mostly in the woods behind us, but sometimes they come into the yard for a bite to eat. This day they seemed to have an interest in the roof, the yard and the fence! It has been fun for the boys to see them and no matter how many times we have seen them, we still get excited when we spot another one. Aren't they pretty? Does anybody know what the white ones are? We haven't figured that out yet. So next time any of you comes for a visit, maybe you'll get to meet the "neighbors" too!


5 comments:

On Second Street said...

wow! Those are so neat! See you soon! I am bummed it will only be for so little time! Maybe spring Break? when is Jake off school? I want to take a trip out to see you.

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Nice, we have turkeys but thankfully NOT on top of our house! lol! I love peacocks and wanted to get one for Jared's 30th Bday couple years ago but after doing some 'research' decided probably wasn't a good idea. :) Soo... i hope you don't step in their poo, get your car scratched up or your boys either! :) Merry Christmas!!

christa said...

I love peacocks - they're so beautiful! When I visited Gina in Florida, they had wild peacocks all over the yard and roofs too. I googled the white one because I thought it was maybe albino, but it said "often mistaken for an albino, it's just a color variety of the Indian Blue Peacock."

ilona said...

i never thought of peacocks living wild on our side of the ocean - they just seem too exotic.

Jenn said...

wow, what a beautiful house & yard! Love the peacocks too! Livin the life....way to go Stacy! :)