I figured that it was time to put a post up about Noah, since Jake seems to be getting all the attention lately between kindergarten and teeth falling out (yep, he lost another one today). Anyways, on tuesday nights Noah plays soccer with the YMCA. I can't say that he loves it, but I am seeing improvement for sure. On his first night he didn't want to play with girls. Problem, since they make up half of his team. The second night he cried because "nobody would give him a turn"! Tonight was better though. He was spurred on because TWICE he broke away with the ball. Both times it was a clear shot for the goal. The first time he ran over the ball and came crying to the sidelines. After a pep talk (from me) he headed back out. On his second break-away he was so close - his shot bounced off the goal post. But, he didn't cry!! As I watched him I realized that he might have some skill in this sport. That, however, is a total guess on my part since I am not the soccer player in the family! He ended up content with the fact that he was close to scoring and has now declared that he likes playing soccer. Good, since we're not even halfway into the season! Such a big boy he's becoming!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Number 2
I figured that it was time to put a post up about Noah, since Jake seems to be getting all the attention lately between kindergarten and teeth falling out (yep, he lost another one today). Anyways, on tuesday nights Noah plays soccer with the YMCA. I can't say that he loves it, but I am seeing improvement for sure. On his first night he didn't want to play with girls. Problem, since they make up half of his team. The second night he cried because "nobody would give him a turn"! Tonight was better though. He was spurred on because TWICE he broke away with the ball. Both times it was a clear shot for the goal. The first time he ran over the ball and came crying to the sidelines. After a pep talk (from me) he headed back out. On his second break-away he was so close - his shot bounced off the goal post. But, he didn't cry!! As I watched him I realized that he might have some skill in this sport. That, however, is a total guess on my part since I am not the soccer player in the family! He ended up content with the fact that he was close to scoring and has now declared that he likes playing soccer. Good, since we're not even halfway into the season! Such a big boy he's becoming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am so proud of my little soccer players...both of you! We will definitely spend a lot of time playing soccer when I get back from Japan. Noah, you have some nice socks and shin-guards on in those pictures. Jake, you need to let Mom take a picture of you in your soccer stuff so we can see what you look like as well. Love you boy's!
Dad
i love how his socks come all the way up to his shorts! what a cutie! and i'm sure he's an amazing athlete!
Oh Honey! I sure hope you haven't inherited your aunt Sarah's soccer skills! I loved playing, but get me headed toward the goal with a ball and an open net and I will get too anxious and overshoot every time. :)
I'm so glad you are liking it now, though! It's a fun game and I can see you playing it as an even bigger boy!
Yes, he has soccer skills. You can see it in his position, poise and follow through...never mind his genes. : ) He's too cute for his soccer britches! Babi
Sweet update, Stace! That is definitely one good thing about these blogs... :)
Hey Brian, let me know what shape the cookies are in when you get back to home-base. I'll be curious to hear if they're still chewy or what. If not, too bad, they were the best batch I've made in awhile!
how cute! Dom had the same problem his first two seasons- playing with mostly all girls is kinda rough! ;) isn't it fun, though, watching them try and finally get the hang of it? such a good mom, Stace! love the posts!
Post a Comment