Sunday, January 4, 2009

We're home again


And I have to say we had a great trip! I am not sure how to sum it up, but I will try. We started in Minnesota where it was extremely cold, it didn't matter though. We had so much fun playing with the cousin's, going to Macy's, lunch downtown with Jon, hanging out with Christa, Naphtali, Aidan and James (or is that Hugh Jackman? It's hard to tell!:), bowling, and having the whole family together. We are bummed because we didn't get to see Jared or grandma and grandpa, but we will make them a priority next time.














After Minnesota we headed to the (kind of) warmer temps of Kansas. We had 12 great days at Sarah and Charlie's house and filled our time with family, hikes, games, swimming, shopping and eating (alot of eating!). Also, the guys decided to rip up the kitchen and install new flooring. Since there were many helping hands the job was done in about 2 days. Oh, and of course we spent alot of our time snuggling baby Lolo - she is too cute and we were so happy to finally meet her!



















So, now we are home and trying to get back to a routine. One problem - we are moving in less than a month! So, there is alot to do here to get ready for that and I really don't know where to start. There's another problem - we don't yet know where we are moving to! You've just got to love a crazy life! Hopefully we will find that out next week. Until then there are boxes to be packed, utilities to be turned off and carpet to be cleaned - plus a whole ton of other things to do. Thankfully I had 3 weeks of a restful vacation so I am ready for the task!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are alive! Yaaa! I'm excited to hear of your destination. Wish I could help you pack. There's something strangely nice about packing and going through your stuff with new eyes ready to get rid of and organize... Hmmmm. There should be medication for this.

Katie said...

Have to say that I am a little jealous that you are in California again! It is snowing, AGAIN, and freezing outside, AGAIN!! But what do you do? Good luck on the packing and moving, and post your new address when ya know it! On second thought maybe you shouldn't do that and just send it out somehow not so public ?! :)

Kari said...

Sounds like a great time with family and friends. Glad you got a little break before packing and moving. Wow, sounds pretty crazy. Do you have any ideas as to where they will relocate you? I'll be praying.
Thanks for posting all the pics. BTW who's little one is Lolo? She is a cutie.

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

Hey! you forgot about our run! Our one run out of 12 days...but still, we ran! =) Will be praying about where you end up- still can't believe that they text that sort of thing-and all the work that needs to happen in the mean time. I'm slowly working my way through the mountain of laundry, but now I get to fold while enjoying the glow of cable TV! =) Thanks for putting up with us!

Aaron and Lyndsey said...

Glad you are back, sounds like you had lots of fun! When you need a break from packing and cleaning we should get together. We'll catch up later!

~ Rory ~ said...

We will be praying for you guys as you make this transition! Glad you had such a wonderful time with your families!

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

BTW That picture of Brian and Noah is just perfection! Do you think you could burn us a disc of Christmas photos- I forgot to download them while you were here and I'd really enjoy having them, esp. since I didn't get any of our kitchen project.

Anonymous said...

CanNOT believe you haven't been told where you are going!! Wait... yes, I can. :-) Love this life. Hopefully we have locked in to Beaufort again. We will hear final word soon as well. Let us know if we can help with anything!!

Stacy said...

Kari,
We think we are either going to San Diego, or South Carolina. However, sometimes they pull something out of thin air, so who knows! Lolo is Sarah and Charlie's (Brian's sister and brother-in-law) baby girl. She is a cutie!
Sarah, if we come to beaufort and you guys move I will be so sad!!! If we do get orders there I will definitely be calling to get some info on the area!